"Sustainable development is development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It also means meeting the basic needs of all, and extending to all the opportunity to fulfil their aspirations for a better life. (Brundtland report, 1987)
In order to respond to these economical, societal and environmental challenges, ENISE's mission for sustainable development has the following objectives:
- Raising awareness among students and staff about sustainable development
- Guiding the Directors and various departments in the implimentation of actions in Sustainable Development
- Setting up a new strategy for Sustainable development and Corporate social responsibility for all interested parties to use
- Coordinating the environmental management policies
Strategy for Sustainable development and Corporate social responsibility
ENISE's sustainable development and corporate social responsibility (DDRS - Développement Durable et de Responsabilité Sociétale) has two constituent elements:
First element :
- Train students in using modern tools for sustainable development and corporate social responsibility for their inventions
- Provide students with solutions to embrace change and integrate 'DDRS' in their future professions
- Fully incorporate sustainable development and corporate social responsibility challenges in the courses
Incorporate sustainable development and corporate social responsibility in research works and laboratory practise
- Students COP2
Second element :
- Use more sustainable development and corporate social responsibility in the School's support activities
- Develop local integration by taking an active part in the projects of the Métropole (the conurbation's climate plan, biodiversity, transport plan, etc…) and increase exchanges and partnerships at all scales (city, métropole, département, region, national, international)
Locally committed, ENISE is a founding member of the Université de Lyon and takes an active part in the strategy identified as "Transition énergétique et écologique".
This strategy consists in 6 areas of involvement, ie. energy and property, waste, travel, parks, water, food.
ENISE is also one of the signing parties of the 'Plan Climat Energie Territorial' of Saint-Etienne Métropole (Territorial Climate and Energy Plan).
The school is also involved in the projects commonly led by several higher-education institutions of Saint-Étienne such as the 'Plan de déplacement inter-campus' (Inter-campus travel plan) or the 'Plan de rénovation grandes écoles Stéphanoises' (Grande École of Saint-Étienne renovation plan).
Because of its geographical location, ENISE is part of the conservation grazing pilot programme still in place today.
More information here
Head of Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility